Friday, May 28, 2010

What is this blog?

This blog was created as a requirement for my summer internship at the Oklahoma Arts Institute (OAI) via The Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication at the University of Oklahoma.
This is my fourth summer to work at the Oklahoma Summer Arts Institute (OSAI). I will be a film/video liaison this year along with another girl, Caitlin. We will be assisting the film instructor, Blayne Weaver, and 16 students.
Every week I will post my hours, what I did, whom I met, where I went, and what I learned.

Just a little background on the Oklahoma Arts Institute and OSAI:
OSAI is a two-week intensive arts academy for Oklahoma high school students run by OAI, a private, non-profit organization. The students are selected through a statewide competitive audition process. Each June, a little over 200 students come to the Quartz Mountain Arts and Conference Center just outside of Lone Wolf, Oklahoma to study in one of 9 disciplines: Acting, Ballet, Chorus, Creative Writing, Drawing and Painting, Film and Video, Modern Dance, Orchestra, and Photography. The disciplines are each taught by highly accomplished and nationally (even worldly) renown artists. Each student at OSAI is on full scholarship, only paying a couple hundred dollars for administration costs. Some students even receive additional scholarships to pay for the fee, supplies, even travel expenses to get to OSAI.
It is truly an amazing establishment and something every Oklahoman should be proud of!

No comments:

Post a Comment